Test-riding event of tires sponsored by BRIDGESTONE.
I went to a test-riding of BRIDGESTONE S21 in Tsukuba Circuit, course 1000. This time, I’m going to introduce S21.
Overview of the riding-event
Place : Tsukuba Circuit, course 1000
Weather : Occasionally fair
Road : Dry
I couldn’t say “It is fine weather!” But, it was not too cold nor too hot. Furthermore, as it was held at Course 1000, the speed was like for touring or riding in town. It was started by the opening ceremony, and then, dividing people in each group, test-ride started! There were not only SS like YZF-R1 but also MT-09 and GSX-S1000. There were four groups and each group had about 10 vehicles.
Test Motorcycle & Tire
·MT-09 with S20EVO
·MT-09 with S21
·YZF-R1 with S21
·GSX-S1000 with S21
·GSX-S1000 with S20EVO
R :2.60 (usually 2.90)
We, both, rode on the same motorcycle and can compare S21 and S20EVO.
Though MT-09 and GSX-S1000 are naked, those are a sport-oriented type.
Impression of riding
*Photo: Toshiyuki KOMAI
As an impression after riding, S21 was quicker to lean the front than S20EVO. Though leaning was quick, the rear was leaned a little later, and I could accelerate smoothly at the exit. It was GSX-S1000 that I felt the difference remarkably. Compared with YZF-R1, easiness to control acceleration was clearer by the easiness of leaning the front and stability of the rear. In case of YZF-R1, as it was actually good at leaning, I felt like it was more easy to ride because of the multiplier effect.
“Easiness of leaning” is like the image that the motorcycle can lean in the same way as I steer to the opposite before the corner with S20EVO. This tire is very suitable for those who want a little more active riding during touring. I can clearly feel the improvement that S20EVO doesn’t have. The reason is that there is hardly seen the edgier part than S20EVO.
Product Info :
Riding Video (Kodak PIXPRO SP360 4K)
It was taken by the Kodak PIXPRO SP360’s latest version released recently. I put this camera on during test-riding. This camera can shoot 360 degrees and, furthermore, 4K images! On YouTube, you can see 360-degree by controlling with mouse. Please try it!
As you can see in this picture, the tire melts more slowly than S20EVO, and I can absolutely expect the BRIDGESTONE’s official announcement, “life will last 30% longer.” It doesn’t become too melty and life lasts longer, but gripping force has become stronger! Thus, it has improved in an orthodox way. I guess that this is the real value of ULTIMATE EYE, not the existing technique.
As we had a break after riding, Mr. Tsuchihashi, developer, talked about the development. As I have written, the precision and speed of development become better in various way because of the device called ULTIMATE EYE.
The improved things of S21 are widening the contact area on micro level, increase of the contact area length by changing the shape of the front, reduction of wearing by decreasing the rear slipping in accelerating, and all other things. Also, it is the BRIDGESTONE’s first trial to use the designed tire pattern imaging a sword.
As this tire is suitable for not only naked type but also SS, please feel the change from the S20EVO! I show it with the previous radar chart…like this!
*I use the same number as previous for S20EVO・RS10.
*This is the writer’s impression and doesn’t guarantee the performance of each tire.
Special Promotion Rizoma – 100% Genuine
- ไม่มีโชคสำหรับ No Limits ในตอนจบฤดูกาลของ EWC
- รู้ไว้ดีกว่า!! จุดสังเกตุปลอกแฮนด์ DAYTONA แท้ VS ปลอม!!
- SUPER SALE ฉลองครบรอบ8ปี วีไบค์ สุดคุ้มกับ 20 แบรนด์ พิเศษPoint X2 ไปอีก!!
- Nexzter ผ้าเบรกคุณภาพสูง ด้วยสูตรเคมีจากโครงการ Mu ประเทศญี่ปุ่น
- ทะยานสู่เลอม็องส์! EWC ฤดูกาล 2024 จะเปิดฉากพร้อมกับ 24 Heures Motos
Top Ranking Views
- Estimated Price Honda CBR250RR Two Cylinder
- Differentiating the Classic last 5 HONDA CB250
- เทคนิคการขูดชามไล่เม็ด สำหรับรถออโต้ กับ Webike โมโตเทคนิค
- Honda PCX 125 2017 officially launched
- Honda, limited edition of the “PCX Special Edition” and “PCX150 Special Edition” of special specification
- 5 อันดับหมวกกันน็อคที่ปลอดภัยที่สุดในปี 2017
- เม็ดเดิม เม็ดแต่ง ต่างกันอย่างไร แบบไหนดีกว่า? Webike โมโตเทคนิค EP.2!!
- Kawasaki อำลา ER พร้อมเปิดตัว 650cc ใหม่สองรุ่น Ninja 650 / Z650!
- วิธีการเลือกน้ำมันเครื่องให้เหมาะกับมอเตอร์ไซค์ของคุณ | Webike โมโตเทคนิค EP.6