Although I was doing Handlebar Cover as a countermeasure against cold, as long as the temperature dropped to below freezing, I felt faint in running for a long time, so I decided to install a Grip heater. However, SUPER CUB's Handlebar is Quantity : Pair (for Left and Right) Since the outer diameter of the same is inevitable, inevitably selecting a correct item. It was for LITTLE CUB, but it also supports C50, C70, C90
- Because it is a special item, the installation only branches from the Harness in the Headlight and the Instruction Manual can also be worked by myself because the Illustration is carefully drawn. The troublesome thing is to remove Handlebar Cover and Harness' s handling, Harness in Light is exhausted mentally
- Right SideGrip was Exactly so it would not move even without painting Bond, but Left SideGrip was loose as a Gaba Cover so we wound an Aluminum Tape and adjusted it. Left Side also Bond unused
- Because the amount of Harness in Headlight increases, we took Tachometer's power from a different place and reduced the amount of Harness and exchanged power supply
- Finally, to suppress wear and tear of the Grip cover the shrinking Cover and finish
Since Grip itself is a Universal Product, it is 14 mm longer than the Grip of SUPER CUB, the thickness is also 4. Size increased by 5 mm, Size became larger around Large, Cover to suppress wear of the Grip was also added and became thicker. Although it feels uncomfortable when you hold it, you get used to it while you are running
The protruding part of the Harness extending from the Grip obstructed, it was difficult to push the Switch box switch, especially the Blinker switch was hard to operate
- Since the heat rays are Grip heater of a half circumference type, only thumb is touched even if it grips, so only thumb is not warming cold
- 3 ° C below freezing, raised the temperature output to the maximum Large and ran as high as 45 ° C.. However, the rate of rise in temperature is slow, it becomes dull from around 35 ° C, and the Battery protection function works every time it stops. Battery was sometimes weakened, but it was more efficient to warm up from the middle rather than making it the largest from the beginning
- Power consumption is 18 w for half-circumference type and 28 w for full circumference type. Battery protection function is 13. Grip heater stops when 1v or less
- There is no Memory function in Grip heater, and setting of temperature is required every time key ON is required
- Made in ... licking, Quantity : Pair (for Left and Right) At the temperature there is Rose mark, the temperature of RightGrip is slightly lower
It was easy because the connector for heater connection originally appeared in the installation to LEAD 110.
In order to match the Connector, the Bullet terminal needs to Cut and exchange it to Contact of the matching Connector. Since it can not be obtained unless it goes to the Parts store specialized in motorcycle, it took time and effort on that point.
It is the degree of trial running with mounting, so I'm looking forward to the future.
Heater is written halfway around the mounting angle. In order to do it quickly as a Bond installation work, I think that it is good to mark the angle in Grip beforehand with Masking tape etc..
Even the Grip exchange was the first time, I feel well that I could do it on HeaterGrip.
I installed it in the C90 but purchased a wrong item for LITTLE CUB. For LITTLE CUB, the Handlebar diameter of Left Side is Right Side (Throttle side) And that it is the same diameter so as to attach it to your C90 as it is, Left Side is loose so we coped with by winding a thin Aluminum board and making it the same diameter as the Throttle side.
Wiringetc. I could easily connect while watching the Service Manual. Although it is actually impression after installation, it was cold with only Handlebar Cover until now but in the morning time zone of midwinter it was painful even if cold air entered from the clearance, but very good with the exceptional warmth with Heater combination doing.
One disappointment is that the diameter of the Grip becomes thick, so it is difficult to operate Throttle to grasp the Brake lever.
I reviewed various purchases and eventually decided on OEM. Shape, texture, installation accuracy etc.. Is good. Also, because it is Exclusive Design (Some Cover has drilling process) You can work without fighting with installation Space or Wiring. Also, the installation Instruction Manual was easy to understand. Performance will be confirmed in the future as it gets cold in the future.
Honda's former CUBSeries (Iron PRESSFrame's guy) The relationship of Handlebar diameter, inexpensive Universal Product is out of choice.
So I chose Honda OEM. There was only OEMParts, PartsNumber was listed in the box.
Grip was a Penetrating formula, but please be relieved as it also comes with End cap with Wing mark.
Well, it's about mounting.
Since the Instruction Manual with a picture is attached, I think that if you've fought Motorcycle yourself, you can install it without difficulty.
Connection to Main harness should be done according to the Instruction Manual.
And drilling is required near LeftGrip.
That's about effects.
(Use with Handlebar Cover, with summer Gloves)
Heater Level is 5 stages. We use 5 until warm, then 2 to 3.
After switch-on, it gets slightly warming around 30 seconds.
At this time, it may be difficult to feel warmth when ordinary Winter Gloves.
Please adjust according to your preference when the temperature rises.
By the way, the other day, 60 km national highway / H Cruise (2 types registered) Sometimes I felt a sense of heat at Level 3.
The effect is absolutely Large (' - Ω - `)
◆ Battery protection function
My CUB has remodeled the generator, but with Idling, Headlight lighting + Brake action + Blinker lighting still detects voltage drop and the Battery protection function works.
Although it became a little uneasy and multiplied Battery's supplementary charge, it turned out that the protection function was solid as there was no problem.
Still worried you should use LED Bulb for Blinker or Tail.
It's my first Grip heater, but I am looking forward to Touring in winter.
It was summer, but it got cold and everyone thought about purchasing before asking for Grip heater.. SuperCUB110 (JA07) It is attached to.
It was naturally attached with OEM and Design with no waste and Compact Switch, but the installation was Large strange.
In order to open Cover of the Handlebar part for Wiring, we removed each attached Mount, Screen etc. once attached...
It was a part I was sticking to variously, so regret that I wish I had bought a Grip heater at the very beginning. Once attached, it seems that there is no Large hanging construction for the time being, so I installed it with patience.
It is the future time to demonstrate the real value. In winter, I will install Handlebar Cover and I will keep it warm with Double, but since my usual commuting time is about 10 minutes, I can not feel bad feeling if I do not ride for more than a medium distance after touring.
But thanks to it, I am looking forward to getting cold this year.